Where the Wild Things Are


Not a kids movie. It was remarkable how realistic each of the wild thing's personalities were. I know many people like that. Most of them were very unlikable. The point being that they're immature and very self absorbed [like Max was before he ran away from home]. The punchline of the movie was Max saying something along the lines of "I wish you all had a mom...". Another line spoken by one of the creatures also drove the point home, "Families are hard" or something like that. His realization that the way these creatures were acting- selfish and childish and needy, this was how he was acting with his family. I really liked how Max never seemed entirely safe with this lot. He is a very clever character. He saves himself right away by taking control of the group, perhaps seeing their need for a leader or parent and filling that role. His lack of experience and his own immaturity fails him in the role and he realizes his own need or desire for it. I enjoyed the movie more than I thought I would.

Comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Show more