The Doctor's Wife by Neil Gaiman

The Doctor's Wife was a neat and touching tale about the TARDIS.  This series- post David Tennant has had an energetic and psychedelic spirit all about it which I'm enjoying quite a bit. I am over Tennant. Matt Smith is my Doctor now. In this episode the Doctor (and we the audience) actually meet her, the TARDIS. Lots of Time Lordy stuff and a few old consoles make an appearance. What is really cool about the episode was that it's the first episode written by Neil Gaiman. I thought it was pretty obviously Gaiman's work. The story had a touch of creepy braided in with an emotional end. I'd like to see more Gaiman episodes. I think he's a great fit for Doctor Who.

While we're on Neil...
One day I was listening to the television audio as my kids watched Arthur. I couldn't believe my ears as I heard Neil Gaiman's voice and his name in the show! Sure enough, my kids kind of know who he is. But they think he has rabbit ears.

I met the man years ago at a screening of Princess Mononoke with The Cinema Judge. He sat behind us and I was able to sneak a word of praise for all his work I'd seen. He was quiet and humble and seemed eager to leave before the theater started to leave. Perhaps I'll run into him again since he lives not even an hour from my residence.

And with that, we'll leave you with this...
 

Comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Show more