#RPGaDay2015 Day 27: Favorite Idea for Merging Two Games Into One

I believe I'm more of a role-player in a group of primarily min-maxers. We manage to have fun, but when trying to figure a way to accommodate everyone's RPGing wants I thought one setting might scratch all of the itches.


D&D/Pathfinder is already ridiculous. The 'kill and take their stuff' gets old for me, but it is an intrinsic outcome of how the game is designed to play, at least with our group. XCrawl is a setting that explains this as the proper behavior.

XCrawl is fantasy dungeon crawl on live television for near future reality TV fans. It's like The Running Man or Hunger Games mixed with Pathfinder.

I imagining Mean Jean interviewing the players as they are introduced coming down the ramp with a theme song and outrageous costumes, with sponsors of course! Could have awful WWF style drama going on. Faking rivalries etc. for crowd responses and effects.

I love that idea!

It's just and idea. Haven't looked at the books yet.


Comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Show more