Othello Destiny Point Tokens

Fantasy Flight Games might be producing the highest quality books in the hobby these days. They are the nicest books on my shelf, at any rate. The one thing that I didn't care for with the Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, and Force and Destiny games is the design on the Destiny Point tokens included with the Beginner Games and the Dice sets for all three. I had it in mind to find Othello chips to replace them because they nicely match the Force Dice pips. I finally went ahead and found some.

Any level of research on ebay or where ever will reveal that there are several designs and some variance of sizes from Othello. The style I settled on (as kind of scene from my amateur photography) has a smooth indent on both sides.

The other style I considered was more of a flat chip and a small divot in the middle on both sides, that was an interesting design I hadn't ever seen before. But I felt the gradual indentation matched the dice better.

Another design that I considered was one where it was a flat chip on both sides. I wasn't able to find the amount of chips/tokens for the right price in that style and I thought a little bit of design feature might be more interesting.

One design that I avoided was where the white side was flat, but the black side had a ridged indentation. So they were not the same on both sides.

All of these were available in variant costs and variant amounts.





Comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Show more