#RPGaDay 2017, day 1 - What published RPG do you wish you were playing now?

My gaming group is firmly stuck on d20 systems. Recently it was a little refreshing with Mutants & Masterminds 2E, which was fantastic! And now we're back with Pathfinder. Also not complaining about that. What I would like to be playing in now, but cannot, would be an intensely immersive campaign set in Glorantha, using the good old RuneQuest 2nd/3rdE rules.

I've never been in a BRP game. This setting and the rules have always had an interesting elegance to them that I'd like to experience someday.

What I like about it, without having played it is a contrast of sorts. There is a family friendly aspect in that the artwork is respectful and realistic. This appeals to the husband and dad-of-daughters in me. I'm not embarrassed to portray these products out amongst the family. However, there are all these references to cults. Again, without the first hand playing experience, this feels dangerous. Feels like my mother wouldn't have approved. Feels like those 1980's satanic claims have some footing here! In an intriguing way!

RuneQuest 3E is the published RPG I wish I were playing.















Comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Show more